[fedora-virt] Re: libguestfs: fix for checking perl modules

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha luciano at eurotux.com
Tue Apr 28 10:52:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:39:23AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> You're trying to compile libguestfs on RHEL 5.3?  That's entering new
> territory.

Yes. :)

A patch that I'm not sending is changing futimens to futimes. I'll
probably change configure to test for it and do a conditional
compilation. But I don't have the time for that now.

> > I have one problem when creating the initramfs, though. If I run the
> > make as normal user, after the 'yum install' make fails with:
> >   chroot: cannot run command `chmod': No such file or directory
> >
> > This is caused by ldconfig calls under yum fail. Probably because
> > ldconfig is statically compiled and fake* don't work with that?
>
> Which version of fakeroot and fakechroot do you have?  You need a very
> recent fakechroot (2.9 + patches -- see the Fedora Rawhide package),
> otherwise nothing will work.

I've used the packages from rawhide:
fakeroot-1.12.2-21
fakechroot-2.9-20

The %checks were OK. I'll see if I can find some problem with those
packages next.

Regards,
Luciano Rocha

--