[fedora-virt] P2V and grub bootloader

Dennis J. dennisml at conversis.de
Thu Apr 30 22:25:44 UTC 2009

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:39:37PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> I haven't tried it, but it's possibly something you can do from
>> libguestfs, or if not, it's something that we could add to libguestfs.
>
> OK, I just added grub-install to libguestfs:
>
> http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libguestfs.git;a=commitdiff;h=b55bf8158f0b7f6b1760b7b3b5f7c1274a149127
>
> (Make sure you have a back up of your guest image before experimenting
> with this ...)

Looking at that patch wouldn't specifying /dev/sda as device actually
overwrite the physical boot sector on the host system rather than the one
in the image?
Or does libguestfs manipulate the device table so that access to /dev/sda
get automatically gets re-routed to access the image instead?

Regards,
   Dennis