[fedora-virt] Making memory stick accessible from client

Andrés García andres at verot.com
Thu Dec 17 15:47:55 UTC 2009

> I would like to make a memory stick on the host (F12 server)
> accessible to the client (Centos 5.3) system.
> How can I achieve this?

In theory you can do through virt-manager.

You open the guest window, go to the 'Info' tab, click add hardware, in the
window that appears you choose 'add physical device', then 'usb device'
and the dropbox should list the memory stick, you choose it, click 'finish'
and the guest should now see it.

I said in theory because I have been having trouble adding usb devices
in F12,
but it may work for you.

Andres