[fedora-virt] how to active XEN on Fedora 12

Boris Derzhavets bderzhavets at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 13:03:57 UTC 2009

>Then: It is possible use XEN in Fedora 12 without rebuild some things?

1. I believe install xen-3.4.2-2.fc13.src.rpm and rebuilding F12 packages to
install up to date Xen 3.4.2 properly working with Libvirt 0.7.1-15
is the only right way to go. You would also have to build the most recent pvops
kernel via JF's Git Repo.

If i am wrong about that, someone will correct me.

> I will continue to use "rpm -i VMware-server-2.0.2....." or another distro
> that will not need to build something.

2. You can use F12's KVM, but once again Libvirt will be required to manage VMs.
F12 is a bleeding edge system for development, high performance virtualization
environment. You might not need it at all.
So,  VMware might be the best option for you.

Boris.