[fedora-virt] virt for dummies?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Tue Dec 29 17:48:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:22:18 -0500 (EST)
Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i've been asked to give a presentation on basic virtualization, and
> i'd like to find something online that i might be able to hand out
> along the lines of "virtualization for dummies."  *very* basic intro,
> talking about the underlying technology, Xen vs KVM, what that means,
> etc.  pointers?  thanks.

Good luck with that: Here's my (fairly old now) web page on
my quest for understanding:

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/xen-fci.html

Finding the beginning of the conversation so you can figure out
what in the blue blazes people are talking about is the single
most difficult thing in all linux development, and virtualization
is no exception :-).