[fedora-virt] QEMU new Package

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 15:51:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 13:15 -0200, Glauber Costa wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 08:41:56AM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> >   qemu-linux:
> I believe qemu-user suits better upstream name usage. Other than that,
> I think this proposal is sound.

The reason I suggested qemu-linux is because I think QEMU's existing
naming sucks :-)

i.e. system/softmmu == "emulate a full machine" and user == "emulate the
linux kernel ABI"

system vs. linux makes it a little more sense, in my book.

> Also, there has been a proposal by ajax in #fedora-devel to have a "qemu-native"
> package, that would install native emu/virt for whatever architecture you're running at.
>
> What do you guys think of this?

As long it's just a Provides as danpb suggests, I don't mind ...

Cheers,
Mark.