[fedora-virt] QEMU new Package

Glauber Costa glommer at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 11:08:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 10:46:09AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 08:12:10PM -0200, Glauber Costa wrote:

> > > Another thing to watch out for is the guidelines for numbering
> > > pre-release snapshots:
> > >
> > >   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#Pre-Release_packages
> > >
> > > According to those, I think this should be 0.9.2-0.1.svn6392 rather than
> > > 0.9.1-svn6392.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Mark.
> > >
> > I have a new test package in here:
> >
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1105051
> >
> > I haven't updated the name yet, but this is easy.
> > Apart from that, the .rpm are useless, as they don't include the firmware
> > images. (we don't want to ship the binary anyway, which was what current qemu
> > were doing).
>
> This is going to be harder to address for QEMU than it was with KVM.
> With KVM we only needed to build a native firmeware. For QEMU you
> need to build a PPC firmware to go along with the x86 build of the
> PPC emulator, etc. Not clear how we'd manage this very easily since
> we don't have cross compilers for every QEMU arch.
Ok, no cross compile, but we do have a pcc build sys, don't we?

Because this is the way we do for the pxe roms. If we build on i386, we just build
from sources. If we are in another arch, we pick a binary. The difference is
that is's not the binary provided by qemu, but the very own we built for
i386.