[fedora-virt] Fedora virtualization wiki pages

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 15:34:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 18:32 +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey,
> 	I've just spent a few hours trying to clean up the wiki pages. What
> we're basically left with is:

And today I read:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Help:Wiki_Structure

I'm going to make the changes below soon unless anyone hollers.

>   1) The landing page for virt stuff:
>
>        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/Virtualization
>
>      The original page was way out of date, so I hacked it to pieces
>      and added a list of packages, mailing list and irc info etc.

Re-naming this page to "Virtualization"

>   2) A bug reporting page:
>
>        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/Virtualization/BugReporting
>
>      This is just a first cut, plenty of info missing I'm sure

Re-naming this to "Reporting virtualization bugs"

>   3) The QuickStart page:
>
>        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/Virtualization/QuickStart
>
>      I haven't touched this apart from moving it under
>      Tools/Virtualization (yes, I added a redirect).
>
>      This needs some majory surgery IMHO to bring it up to date and
>      provide a nice and simple "getting started with Fedora
>      virtualization" page.
>
>      Lots of the more difficult content could be moved to "virt tips"
>      pages, probably.

Re-naming this to "Getting started with virtualization"

>   4) The Category:Virtualization page:
>
>         https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Virtualization
>
>      I removed some of the really old cruft pages from the category and
>      added the feature pages.

Moving these crufty old pages:

     Tools/Xen
     HypervisorDevelopment