[fedora-virt] selinux /dev/net/tun

James Hubbard jameshubbard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 02:34:45 UTC 2009

I have a windows xp guest working using qemu-kvm with "-net nic -net
user".  I'm attempting to use bridging. I've created the br0 interface
and modified my eth0 file.  Bridging seems to be working. I'm able to
access the machine from other places.  When I try to start  qemu-kvm
with these options "-net nic,macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66 -net tap" I get
this error:
warning: could not configure /dev/net/tun: no virtual network emulation
Could not initialize device 'tap'

These errors are in /var/log/messages.
setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing qemu-kvm (qemu_t) "read write"
to tun (virt_image_t). For complete SELinux messages. run sealert -l
2ca593ab-ec5f-407b-a6d5-291abc0b2e29

setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing chcon (unconfined_t) "mac_admin"
unconfined_t. For complete SELinux messages. run sealert -l
94da622e-0446-455d-bd85-da5f9d486b7b

setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing qemu-kvm (qemu_t) "net_admin"
qemu_t. For complete SELinux messages. run sealert -l
9ab69ab1-ce67-442f-a628-f1909914a52f

Any suggestions?

--
James Hubbard