[fedora-virt] Does KVM PCI Device Assignment allow guests to access firewire?

Wayne Feick waf at brunz.org
Fri Jan 23 19:38:10 UTC 2009

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KVM_PCI_Device_Assignment

The work on PCI device assignment looks like it might allow guests to
access a firewire device. Can anyone confirm or deny whether that will
be the case?

Specifically, I currently run Linux as my desktop and Windows in a
VMware guest for software like Adobe Premiere. This arrangement lets me
do video editing, but not video capture from firewire since VMware
doesn't support it. If KVM allows me to run a Windows guest that will be
able to do capture video from the firewire port, I'll be switching away
from VMware.

Wayne.