[fedora-virt] libguestfs and yum

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 16:50:32 UTC 2009

Anyone see any issues with libguestfs and yum working weirdly??

If I mount an disk image with guestfish and try to install new packages
with yum, it gives rpmdb errors.  However if I "launch" the disk images
as a guest in a fill virt container like qemu, there are no rpmdb error
and I can install new packages with yum....

Also, if I remove the rpmdb and rebuild via guestfish, then yum seems to
be working fine....

command "rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db.004"
command "rpm --rebuilddb"

Then yum seems to work:

command "yum install vim-enhanced"

It looks like yum is still using something outside of guestfish, anyone
 have any comments/ideas on this??

Thanks,
David