[fedora-virt] Disk device performance in F11

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Jul 2 17:19:45 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:40:58AM -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Richard W.M. Jones<rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> > libvirt isn't just a wrapper around qemu-kvm, it drives half a dozen
> > different virtualization systems, giving you the benefit of
> > abstracting the details of the hypervisor from the management tools.
> > So for that reason we don't support tweaking the qemu command line
> > arbitrarily.  However if there are particular features of qemu or KVM
> > that you think we should support, please raise them.
>
> 1) Higher resolution.  My boss gave me two big monitors that can do
> 1920x1200, and all I can get for my guest machines is tiny little
> windows with hardly any room to work inside.

We'll have support for alternative graphics adapters in F12 libvirt
which will allow this, at least better than now

> 2) The ability to see what options qemu-kvm was invoked with.  Even if
> I can't change them, at least I can understand what I am getting.
> Right now, it's a black box to me.

Any VM you launched has its args logged in

  /var/log/libvirt/qemu/$NAME.log

Come F12 you can also explicitly do conversions without starting a VM

  http://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html#imex

Daniel