[fedora-virt] Disk device performance in F11

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 18:31:14 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Mark McLoughlin<markmc at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if you noticed in the other thread, but from:
>
>  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/509383
>
> Does running:
>
>  for f in /sys/block/vd*/queue/rotational; do echo 1 > $f; done
>
> inside the guest help?

I saw that.  However, the guest where I'm having the problem doesn't
have a file named "rotational" in the "queue" directory.  It's running
kernel version 2.6.28.9.  In what version did "rotational" appear?

I made a Rawhide guest a few days ago, but it is currently only
slightly usable (gdm appears to be having some problems).  I'll try
this once that guest is a little more usable.

Thanks,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/