[fedora-virt] Virt USB issues (doesn't work without customizing)

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 22:01:34 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Paul Lambert<eb30750 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) I found a link to someone who did get external USB disks working with
> FE.11 Virt the issues that prevent this from working by just adding the
> hardware through the virt manager are:
> a) need selinux-policy-target-3.6.12-62.fcc11.noarch or later
> b) selinux blocks access to this device and must be customized.

Search archive for the recent thres "USB passthrough", I guess it
would be of some help.

> Based on this  I would assume there are no updates even though others claim
> there are.  Where is 62 and why does it not show up in the Gnome software
> update tool?

That update was probably in "updates-testing" so you should have run
something like:

yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update selinux-policy-targeted

In the meantime it seems it got pushed to stable so you should be able
to find the package with a regular yum update (I'm downloading it
right now)

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com