[fedora-virt] networking in virtual machines using libvirt tools

Rich Mahn rich at lat.com
Fri Jul 24 16:18:30 UTC 2009

=== snip snip ===

> > Have you seen this?

> >   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking#Fedora.2FRHEL_Bridging

> > Unless I misunderstand, all you need to do is create a bridge for the
> > interface in the host, connect the guest's network backend in the host
> > and statically configure the guest's interface with that IP address.

> > Cheers,
> > Mark.

> Thanks Mark.  That is exactly what I was looking for.  I'll try it out
> and report back.

> Rich

The instructions are for F9 and as such have a couple very minor
problems.  For example, I can't find lokkit for f11.  However, other
than that, I just pretty much followed the cookbook to get things
working.  I had a small problem with the networking until I noticed
that the cookbook was configured for dhcp and I use fixed IPs.  Once I
corrected for that everything worked GREAT!!!!

I looked around the site and that wiki.libvirt.org has some really
great information available.

Thanks loads.

rich