[fedora-virt] libvirt configuration for cluster of qemu/kvm hosts

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 10:11:40 UTC 2009

I' using rhcs, but I'm trying to setup a sort of actve active config.
Where I have also clvmd and where I can have for example some LVs of a
clustered VG active as disks of some VMs hosted on one server,
while other LVs of this VG represent disks hosted on another host.
Also, as I have no SAN in my test env I'm using drbd 8.3.2 in dual
primary mode...

Before starting with the cluster arch I had been done tests with
Qemu/Kvm and virt-manager using a standalone host.
Then without restarting from zero and deleting things, I transformed
my local VG into a drbd based one and I cloned the initial host

So the question arised about uuid values inside xml files... and for
example if they have to be the same for storage config and network
config or not...

I would like not to use GFS, so that I don't add another layer
impacting performance and complexity....
But your saying I can use GFS for config does implicitly mean same
config files, also in active-active config?
Gianluca