[fedora-virt] libvirt configuration for cluster of qemu/kvm hosts

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Sat Jul 25 13:31:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 12:11:40PM +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
[..snip..]
> So the question arised about uuid values inside xml files... and for
> example if they have to be the same for storage config and network
> config or not...
In principle they don't have to be the same across hosts since you can
identify the network by name and the volumes by their path but I prefer
to keep them in sync (using shared nfs in my case).

> I would like not to use GFS, so that I don't add another layer
> impacting performance and complexity....
Keeping the storge in LVM without filesystem should be fine.

> But your saying I can use GFS for config does implicitly mean same
> config files, also in active-active config?
Yes sure. I share configs across hosts and reload libvirtd's
configuration when adding new kvm vms so it picks up the new
configuration.
Hope that helps,
 -- Guido