[fedora-virt] Problem installing KVM gueast on LMV

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 15:02:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Leonid Flaks wrote:

> It was empty, but I never had this 'clearpart --linux' line in kickstart.
> I just added it and it seems to do the trick!
>
> Interestingly enough I did not use it before for kickstarting fedora 10 xen
> guest on fedora 8 xen host.

It depends (or should depend) on what is already in the disk area you are
using. If you have used that disk area before, even if it is with a newly
created LV, then the installer would see partitions so try to fit the
install into the (possibly empty) space that was still free. clearpart
--linux tells it to throw away any existing linux partitions. If the area
really was blank then it looks like there was an anaconda bug.

 	Michael Young