[fedora-virt] libguestfs under Debian / Ubuntu

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jun 11 20:46:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 08:46:19PM +0200, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Tim Tassonis<timtas at cubic.ch> wrote:
> >
> > However, when I tried to compile the latest tarball, I failed,  mainly
> > because of the inavalability of febootstrap, which obviously does not exist
> > under ubuntu, and cannot be installed due to the lack of yum under ubuntu at
> > least.
> >
> > Is debian support planned, or is libguestfs designed to be a fedora-only
> > project?
>
> I also want to package libguestfs for our distro, Pardus, but unable
> to do so due to this dependency.

You can just compile yum on pretty much any distro.  The only major
dependencies are Python and rpm (which just needs a C compiler).
Debian ship a yum package and have been doing so for quite a long
time.

febootstrap is little more than a shell script which wraps around yum.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/