[fedora-virt] Is this normal?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat Jun 13 12:17:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:51:36 +0100
Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> > I think I found my real problem. I've just been on a trip through
> > the BIOS settings where I found the BIOS had disabled the
> > hardware acceleration stuff. I'll try again, I bet it works
> > better this time...
>
> I vaguely recall that virt-manager was going to give a warning about
> this case.  There is probably one in the system logfiles (from when
> kvm-intel.ko was loaded).

Actually, it turns out the BIOS setting was for something else. Apparently
this machine does not have virtualization support (even though I was
under the impression it was specifically purchased with that as
one of the required features, which was why I didn't look into
it earlier - Mordac is messing with me again :-).

It certainly isn't at all obvious from virt-manager that no hardware
support is available (not if you don't already know what hardware
support looks like in virt-manager, anyway).