[fedora-virt] F-11 libvirt no longer creating firewall/iptables rules for virtual network?

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:43:18 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I've recently installed F-11 and am having a problem with networking
between the host and guest with the default network configuration -
specifically that the iptables rules for virbr0 are not being inserted
by libvirt as they used to be under F-10.

I am using the default configuration of the firewall as shipped with
F-11. The guest instance is a windowsXP image created under F-10 - I
simply recreated the cconfig files by "creating" a new guest under
virt-manager and pointing it to the disk image file. The guest boots
up fine, but no networking. The output of iptables -L doesn't contain
any reference to virbr0 or vnet0 (the latter automatically created
when starting the guest OS) - I have confirmed virbr0 and vnet0 are
present using ifconfig.. In case it's relevant this machine is using
NetworkManager and has a single wired ethernet adapter configured with
a static IP.

Any suggestions on how I can debug further ?

Thanks,
jonathan