[fedora-virt] USB passthrough

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 29 20:32:33 UTC 2009

This is precisely what I brought up on this list weeks ago -- USB device
pass through. Thanks to work done by Mark and also Dan Walsh, I'm
succeeding with something called a USB BUB developed by Paul Badger of
moderndevice.com and Brian Riley of wulfden.org. The BUB is essentially
an FTDI FT232RL-based uart. I use it to program my Freeduino devices,
which I purchase as kits from Brian. I expect to pass other USB devices
through to my Ubuntu guest as well.

Thanks again to Mark and Dan for the fantastic support when I both
complained and filed a bug related to USB device passthrough.

Bob Cochran