[fedora-virt] Fedora virtualization -- comments and questions

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 13:15:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:11:24PM -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> 5.  With the current "libvirt" setup I have disk images under
> /var/lib/libvirt/images and the guest's configuration under /etc/libvirt/qemu.
> Furthermore, I now have an application which can chew up a lot of disk space
> and all of it coming out of the "/" logical volume.  I currently size my "/"
> logical volumes to handle a lot of software plus a good amount of temporary
> storage ... BUT I do not have 150GB "/" partitions/logical-volumes!

I might be missing something here, but isn't it possible to mount an
LVM partition on /var/lib/libvirt, and thus keep all the images on a
separate place?

Alternatively use a LVM-based storage pool, so all your guests get
their own individual LVs.  This will also be a lot faster.

Rich.

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)