[fedora-virt] Fedora virtualization -- comments and questions

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Thu Jun 25 16:36:47 UTC 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009 12:17:52 Thomas Sjolshagen wrote:
> Quoting Gene Czarcinski <gene at czarc.net>:
> > As far as SELinux goes, I read (somewhere in documentation) that a)
> > iso images
> > had to be under /var/lib/libvirt/images and that b) the SELinux
> > context values
> > would be set to "virt_image_t".  This may not be the way the software
> > actual works but this is what is described in some related documentation.
>
> Considering the uniqueness of this setup, maybe it makes more sense to
> simply disable SELinux and thus avoid labeling issues altogether?
I DO NOT consider this an option.  If things do not work with respect to
SELinux it is either a bug or I do not understand something.

> Also, as mentioned previously, strongly recommend using the virsh (or
> other libvirt dependent commands) if you're going to use libvirt as
> the management paradigm. Virsh/Libvirt isn't really a requirement for
> KVM, it just makes life a little easier.

I am just starting and have (as far as I can tell) all of the Virtualization
packages installed.  But, before I go too far with this stuff, I need to figure
out how to handle the libvirt files so that I can esily move to the next
version of the system and so it does not fill my "/" logical volume.

Gene