[fedora-virt] Re: Dom0 kernels

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 18 00:26:56 UTC 2009

My latest build (2.6.29-0.114.2.12.rc8.git2.fc11) is available at
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1246980 . Networking to
the guest is working again, and the X situation is better than I thought,
because my problems on one machine were due to using a F11 based kernel on
F10, and X works if I use it with F11.
In addition I got X working on the other machine working by using the
nomodeset boot parameter (with nomodeset I get no text characters during
boot - only a cursor that moves as invisible characters are presumably
printed to the screen - but X starts successfully, without nomodeset I can
read the boot messages but X crashes), however there are X problems on
this machine with regular Fedora kernels, so this may not be xen's fault.

 	Michael Young