[fedora-virt] New to virtualizatoin

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 08:53:02 UTC 2009

I am new to using virtualization and, after some effort, I have created
and then cloned a virtual image on a laptop with an Intel P8400
processor using Fedora 10.
Unfortunately,  when I run the cloned image I don't have proper cursor
control, even after pressing ctrl-alt. Any suggestions?
Is there a straightforward guide to creating and managing virtual
applications under Fedora 10?
I know that KVM and VMWare use different mechanisms. My understanding is
that KVM accesses the hardware directly whilst VMWare creates a base
system through which all information, from the virtual systems, is
routed. However, is it possible to migrate an image from Fedora to VMware?
Many thanks, Brendan