[fedora-virt] how to build iso from virt-p2v

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue May 26 14:54:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 09:21:37AM +0800, Arthur Wang wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a trouble when build virt-p2v-0.9.9.tar.gz to generate an iso file. Search for help
>
> I have install all the packet that virt-p2v depend on, and i run the follow commands successfully
>  configure
>  make rpm
> But when i enter "make build" command,  wait minutes, i got the follow error:
> Setting maximal mount count to -1
> Setting interval between checks to 0 seconds
> Error creating Live CD : Unable to download from repo : Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: released. Please verify its path and try again
> make: *** [build] error 1
> Could anyone tell me where it want to get repository metadata , and which tools or command it use to get?

Just to check that you do have network access where you are
trying to build, right?

The other things to change are the CD base version, eg:

./configure --enable-cd-base=10

which will base everything on Fedora 10.

Have a look also at the generated kickstart file, p2v.ks, to see what
it contains.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/