[fedora-virt] libguestfs - no ext3 support building on CentOS 5

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu May 28 08:07:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 03:21:40PM -0500, Charles Duffy wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> You've tried setting buildnonet to 0 (ie. the opposite of what's in
>> the specfile)?  It should then download the required packages from the
>> EPEL repositories, although I've not tested that option in a while ...
>>
> Ahh -- I was running rpmbuild --define 'buildnonet 0', but the spec file
> doesn't actually respect any preset value. Might I suggest "%global
> buildnonet 0%{!?buildwithnet:1}"?
>
> Setting buildnonet to 0 does refer to remote yum sources as expected --
> but that doesn't go happily either, it smells to me like it's trying to
> refer to Fedora-devel packages, which the older EL yum can't handle:
>

> http://fedora.secsup.org/linux/development/x86_64/os/repodata/a639a7f3e2a4b53872dc403af7c8991e0bd0f441eea36d57cc321c0a69f4c415-primary.sqlite.bz2:
> [Errno -3] Error performing checksum
> Trying other mirror.

> a639a7f3e2a4b53872dc403af7c8991e0bd0f441eea36d57cc321c0a69f4c415-primary.sqlite.bz2
>
>                           |  10 MB     00:02
> http://mirrors.reflected.net/fedora/linux/development/x86_64/os/repodata/a639a7f3e2a4b53872dc403af7c8991e0bd0f441eea36d57cc321c0a69f4c415-primary.sqlite.bz2:
> [Errno -3] Error performing checksum
> Trying other mirror.
> [...and so on, for other mirrors attempted]

Yes, that's because that path isn't tested.  The actual configure
command which works is:

./configure --with-repo=centos-5 \
  --with-mirror=http://mirror.centos.org/centos-5/5.3/os/i386/ \
  --with-updates=none

I updated the spec file to reflect this.

Rich.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html