[fedora-virt] Re: libguestfs RPMs for RHEL 5.3

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu May 28 08:10:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 04:23:35PM -0500, Charles Duffy wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 08:18:26PM -0500, Charles Duffy wrote:
>>> Charles Duffy wrote:
>>> As it turns out, the issue was not that the ocaml bindings aren't
>>> being  built, but that they were being installed under /usr/lib/ocaml
>>> as  opposed to /usr/lib64/ocaml.
>>>

>> Strange one - this works for me on Fedora x86_64 ..
>>
>> I'll look into this a bit more when I come to add libguestfs to EPEL.
> You were indicating that you were having trouble reproducing this issue?
> It's easy enough to work around (s@%{_libdir}@/usr/lib*@), but I'm still
> seeing this:
>
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>   /usr/lib/ocaml/guestfs/META
>   /usr/lib/ocaml/guestfs/guestfs.cmi
>   /usr/lib/ocaml/guestfs/guestfs.cmx
>   /usr/lib/ocaml/guestfs/guestfs.mli
>   /usr/lib/ocaml/guestfs/libmlguestfs.a
>   /usr/lib/ocaml/guestfs/mlguestfs.a
>   /usr/lib/ocaml/guestfs/mlguestfs.cma
>   /usr/lib/ocaml/guestfs/mlguestfs.cmxa
>   /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllmlguestfs.so
>   /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllmlguestfs.so.owner

That's the correct location on 32 bit archs.  What's the ocamlfind
install command that it actually runs?  Are you passing
--libdir=%{_libdir} to the configure?  Note that I've built this
successfully on the EL-5 builders on both i386 and x86_64 so it should
just work.

Rich.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html