Notes on building libguestfs on RHEL 5 (was: Re: [fedora-virt] libguestfs on non-Fedora targets)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed May 6 16:38:51 UTC 2009

[Continuing to build ...]

(24) febootstrap-minimize program is not removing locale files, which
made the appliance image about 75MB larger than it needed to be.

Small patch added to git repo to fix this.

(25) Meanwhile, building a custom qemu from upstream qemu git.  I am
using the attached wrapper script, and I will invoke libguestfs
programs first setting this environment variable:

  LIBGUESTFS_QEMU=/path/to/qemu.wrapper

including running the testsuite like this:

  LIBGUESTFS_QEMU=/path/to/qemu.wrapper make check

and guestfish w/o installing like this:

  LIBGUESTFS_QEMU=/path/to/qemu.wrapper ./fish/guestfish

[More to follow ...]

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/