[fedora-virt] ANNOUNCE: Rawhide virt repo for F11 users
markmc at redhat.com
Tue May 19 17:32:35 UTC 2009
The idea was discussed here before, so I'll keep this short.
We've set up a repository for people running Fedora 11 who would like
to test the rawhide/F12 virt packages. To use it, do e.g.
$> cat > /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-virt-preview.repo << EOF
name=Virtualization Rawhide for Fedora 11
$> yum update
At the moment, it contains the F-12 versions of libvirt and qemu, but
as F-12 development continues, it will contain more. I'll send periodic
mails to the list detailing the latest updates.
Also, this is very much a work-in-progress. The TODO list includes:
- get createrepo installed on fedorapeople.org
- include debuginfo packages in the repo (need more quota)
- find a better location than markmc.fedorapeople.org
- enable package builders to upload directly to the repo
- automatically do preview build/upload for devel/ builds
- allow building against preview packages; e.g. for language bindings
Comments most welcome. Help with the TODO list is even more welcome :-)
 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-virt/2009-April/msg00154.html
More information about the Fedora-virt