[fedora-virt] Successful Compile of libguestfs 1.0.31 in Fedora 11

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon May 25 16:56:03 UTC 2009

I've been looking at the postings here more closely now that I have a
Ubuntu guest running, and I decided to compile libguestfs-1.0.31 in
Fedora 11. It took some time for me to get the dependencies installed.
Question: what packages do I need for the ruby bindings? What package
represents rake? How about OCaml bindings -- what packages are needed to
get it to build?

When building this file as part of  `make`:

initramfs.fedora-11.x86_64.img

I got an awesome number of errors related to my not being the root user,
but I assume those errors are okay since I built as an ordinary user.
Also the perl documentation process came up with a large number of errors.

After doing `make check` I got this result:

Test boot completed after 10 iterations.
PASS: test-bootbootboot.sh
All 2 tests passed

Am I ready for 'make install' -- is libguestfs built sufficiently well
for that? Although I would like to get the ruby and OCaml bindings to
build.

Thanks

Bob