[fedora-virt] ubuntu 9.10 KVM on fedora 11 question

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 08:03:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 15:17 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:05:50 -0500
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:15:17 +0000
> > Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> Woa! Just happened to notice new symptom. I had an ssh session
> to one of these ubuntu KVM machines open at the same time I had
> watched it boot in the console window I opened from virt-manager.
> Not only did the ssh session freeze, but the console window froze
> at the same time. I could still ssh in with a new ssh session, but
> I'm not sure what would take out an ssh session and the console
> at the same time while leaving the KVM machine up.

Are you running virt-manager on the same machine as the guests? i.e. is
virt-manager connected to qemu:///system ?

If it's all local, the VNC connection is simply a localhost TCP socket
between virt-manager and qemu, whereas the ssh is a TCP socket over
virbr0/vnet0 ethernet to the guest sshd. I can't imagine how both would
lock up at the same time while qemu is still happily processing packets
to form a new ssh connection.

Cheers,
Mark.