[fedora-virt] merging lists?

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 07:19:38 UTC 2009

(cross-posting to fedora-xen since it affects folks only subscribed
there)

On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 23:36 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> I'm working on migrating Fedora lists from RHT infrastructure to
> Fedora infrastructure in the coming little bit. The question that I
> had was does fedora-xen and fedora-virt both need to exist? I'm
> subscribed to both, and certainly the conversations on each are
> different, but could they be merged?
>
> As of several months ago, the subscriber count of fedora-xen was WAY
> higher than that of fedora-virt, this doesn't seem to make much sense
> since Xen is not The Way Forward(TM), at least from what I can see.
>
> I guess the question is could we merge the two lists, and have one
> less to migrate, or are both really needed?

We discussed this earlier this month:

  http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-xen/2009-September/thread.html#00021

and decided to keep fedora-xen as a place mainly to discuss the Dom0
pv_ops work, since that currently isn't in Fedora and there's been a lot
of traffic relating to it.

However, if we're moving to a new server and starting with a clean
slate, I don't think it would make sense to re-create the fedora-xen
list. We'll want to close it down sooner or later, so we may as well use
that event to do it.

Cheers,
Mark.