[fedora-virt] using kqemu with fedora-virt-preview repo

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 09:15:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Chris Lalancette <clalance at redhat.com>wrote:

> I do think you are wrong, as you found out below; we have kqemu
> specifically
> disabled.  kqemu is going away, and in fact has been ripped out of upstream
> qemu, because it only kind-of sort-of works some of the time.

Ok, I will keep this information and in fact found references that also in
f11 stock,
even if one installs kqemu package from rpmfusion, he/she receives the error
What exactly do you mean with "ripped out of upstream"?
That I cannot use at all the tgz provided inside the src.rpm?
At least I would like to try something, as I read happy Ubuntu users
regarding kqemu and recent qemu and kernel versions.... and with very good
performance in guests too...
Having a BL25p G1 server with two Dual core Amd 275 cpus and getting so slow
VMs is a pity... in my opinion

> > Any problems to compile kqemu support ?
> >

> Yes, it's completely unmaintained, not upstream, and never will be.  Sorry,
> the
> way of the future is KVM (and possibly Xen dom0 support, if and when it
> makes it
> into upstream Linux).

OK. But perhaps if one could at least test...

Thanks,
Gianluca