[fedora-virt] Domain doesn't show up

Tim Richardson mrichytech at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 5 22:45:09 UTC 2009

I'm trying to install xp virtual machine from an .iso on the disk,
I have a virtual machine called localhost with qemu as ID.  It has a storage
area at /var/lib/libvirt/images, i'm right clicking on that and choosing new
then following the wizard but it keeps failing whilst creating the domain.
Is anyone familiar with this scenario or have any suggestions?

regards
Tim

Unable to complete install '<class 'libvirt.libvirtError'> internal error
Domain microXP didn't show up

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 1501, in
do_install
    dom = guest.start_install(False, meter = meter)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 541, in
start_install
    return self._do_install(consolecb, meter, removeOld, wait)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 633, in
_do_install
    self.domain = self.conn.createLinux(install_xml, 0)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 974, in
createLinux
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed',
conn=self)
libvirtError: internal error Domain microXP didn't show up

'