[fedora-virt] Providing access to a single VM

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 11:30:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 04:27:05PM +0200, Dennis J. wrote:
> is there a way to provide virt-viewer access to a single VM? After some
> googling I can only find ways to provide access to a whole virt-manager
> instance but I'd like to create VMs for users an only give them access to
> their own virtual machines? Is this possible?

I think you're going beyond what can be done using virt-manager.

Have a look at the XML configuration of your domains (virsh dumpxml guestname
http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html).  You'll see that you can
assign a port number to each virtual machine by using:

  <graphics type='vnc' port='5901' autoport='no' />

Give each guest a different port number and control access to those
ports (eg. using the firewall or ssh port forwarding).

Rich.

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)