[fedora-virt] Re: Question about segmentation fault under febootstrap

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Oct 12 08:19:30 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 04:56:35PM +0300, Vitaliy Yermolenko wrote:
> I'm a big fun of Red Hat/Fedora distributives, and, have tried your
> febootstrap Fedora bootstrapping system, which seems very interesting for me
> in order to make own lightweighted Fedora-based Linux distributive.
> I'm currently using Fedora 11 with fresh 2.6.31.1 kernel on AMD Phenom II X4
> 945 CPU. But, unfortunately, I have got many segmentation faults during
> running ./minimal-filesystem.sh - see below.

You should ask questions on one of the proper mailing lists.  I've
CC'd this to fedora-virt.

Segfaults are almost certainly because you're trying to install a
guest >= F12 on an F11 host.  There's some ABI incompatibility in
glibc which causes fakeroot to segfault in this case.

Install an F11 guest if you have an F11 host, or upgrade to F12 host.

Rich.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html