[fedora-virt] f12-beta geust install fails on f11

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Thu Oct 22 05:13:59 UTC 2009

Host is f11 with virt-manager-0.7.0-7.fc11.x86_64

Using the guest creation wizard, I tried to install f12-beta. I pointed at a http mirror and allowed virt-manager to detect the OS and variant, but it failed with:

Unable to complete install: 'OS variant 'fedora12-beta; does not exist in our dictionary for OS type 'linux''

I went back and selected F11, and it works fine so far of course. Would it make sense if the auto-detect could sense alpha and beta releases then punt to a default such as the most recent release of the distribution or some other common denominator?

--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3