[fedora-virt] Windows XP KVM can't shutdown?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Sep 9 12:12:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 13:49:26 +0200
Ján ONDREJ (SAL) wrote:

> > http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1195518735
>
> This one ended with an blue screen immediatelly after boot.
>
> > http://forums.techarena.in/xp-hardware/827896.htm
>
> I think this will be not so easy, but you can try.

That last one seems very similar to a microsoft KB entry
I found, but it describes what to do in about 5 different
cases, and my KVM doesn't match any of the 5 :-).

I have a feeling it would actually be simpler to install
a program on the KVM to use for shutdown that sends a
message to the host asking it to run "virsh destroy"
in about 30 seconds, then tells windows to shutdown :-).