[fedora-virt] ksmtuned, v2

Justin M. Forbes jmforbes at linuxtx.org
Wed Sep 16 16:23:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 05:22:45PM +0300, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> changes since v1:
> - ksm/max_kernel_pages default is absurdly low (allows for 8M of shared
>   mem). ksmd now sets it to half of available RAM.

Thanks for including this.  Unfortunately upstream is going with the
absurdly low number, and we would rather not patch the kernel just to
change the default if there is a sane way to handle this in userspace.  I
am working on the KSM test cases for virt test day tomorrow right now, and
I will include the init script (and ksmtuned if it is ready in time).

Justin