[fedora-virt] VM snapshot with qemu-img

rt r_torresa at yahoo.it
Tue Sep 22 18:34:34 UTC 2009

I think it too.
>From the qcow2 format at http://www.gnome.org/~markmc/qcow-image-format.html:
"vm_state_size gives the size of the virtual machine state which was saved as part of this snapshot"

Anyway what I'm needing now is a working snapshot, does not matter if I've to shutdown the vm before taking it.

I'm very annoyed of vmserver that needs recompilation and other tricks to work after a kernel upgrade.

I tried also VirtualBox but kvm seems to me faster...

I will try multiple snapshot on powered off vm to see if it works...

Thanks again.
Regards,
Roberto