[fedora-virt] virt-viewer windows port

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 08:18:44 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:20:32AM +0530, anuj rampal wrote:
> yes i cross compiled it from FC11 using mingw.
> i have also build libvirt-0.6.2 on the same machine using mingw and it works
> fine..... i can call all the function of libvirt from my Vista machine.
>
> but virt-viewer is not working...
>
> also this only happens when i try to connect using tcp.
> with ssh and tls it just says could not connect....??

You say above that libvirt "works", but I want you to try it in a
controlled environment.  First off, try some simple virsh commands:

  virsh list
  virsh -c ... list

(with various connection strings).

Second, set the LIBVIRT_DEBUG environment variable to 1 (I have no
idea how you do that in Windows).  Then repeat the above commands.

Thirdly, try (with LIBVIRT_DEBUG=1):

  virt-viewer -v -c ... host

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top