CMS Decision

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Dec 6 14:51:23 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 16:58 -0600, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> Okay, I've read over all the posts that have sprung up on this thread
> today, and here's how I see it.
>
> Basically, it sounds like everyone is leaning in one of two directions:
>   a.)  Drupal is great except that it runs on PHP.

 I don't agree with this statement even a little bit. Drupal is
amazingly complex and deep application. It goes far beyond what we've
explained is our needs and that tends to mean we end up with huge
portions of it that will be questionably-well audited and interfaced by
us. This would be fine if it were a desktop publishing app - but it's a
web-facing application and that makes it dangerous to us.

>     We can continue to track tasks on the wiki, but is that process
> working well enough for everyone?  Do we need an alternative?  Would
> calendars with to-do lists work better?

I've never seen a user class where shared calendars help, at all.

ics files are much more reliable and easier to debug. :)

-sv