CMS Decision

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Dec 5 20:32:43 UTC 2005

> 	. Turbogears and Django. Two Python web "frameworks" that make it
> 	easier to write web apps, but don't offer an actual CMS
> 	themselves.

djangoproject.com already has doc and article submission code up on the
site. I even posted about that. The code is available and it wouldn't
take that much work to use it.

I'm glad to hear that no one is even reading my emails anymore.

> I do not consider wikis a viable starting point. They don't seem conducive
> to keeping the site organized. Maybe there is one out there that has the
> features necessary to do this, but I haven't seen those features in
> Moinmoin. :)

What kind of organization do you desire? How are you hoping to have
things arranged. This is the first time I've heard this complaint
against the wiki so I'm curious now how you are defining organized.

-sv