Interim plan for fedora.redhat.com

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoranews.org
Fri Nov 11 21:52:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:47:44 -0500 (EST), Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote
> OK, so.  There's a bunch of changes that need to happen on
> fedora.redhat.com, because it's been decaying for far too long -- and
> we're going to make these changes in the next two weeks.  Basically,
> here's our plan:
>
> 1. Rework all the content, bearing in mind that at some point (soon) we'll
> move it to fp.o.  Most of the new content will be repurposed from the
> great content that has been written at fp.o recently.  For the first few
> days of next week, Alex and I will be barricading ourselves in a room and
> writing/editing/checking in new content.  That's all we'll be doing.
>
> 2. Begin translation efforts in-house for this static content.  I expect
> it'll be mostly Red Hat folks, but this is a decision for Sarah Wang, who
> runs our translation efforts.  The goal will be to have key f.r.c content
> translated into several of the most popular languages within the next
> month.
>
> This way, once we've worked out the infrastructure issues for the static
> content on fp.o (drupal? zope? YAcms?), the work of sorting the content
> *itself* will be mostly done.  And it no longer makes sense (and never
> did, really) to delay this content rewrite until we've got a "better"
> website to put it on.
>
> --g
>
> _____________________  ____________________________________________
>   Greg DeKoenigsberg ] [ the future masters of technology will have
>  Community Relations ] [ to be lighthearted and intelligent.  the
>              Red Hat ] [ machine easily masters the grim and the
>                      ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan

Hi All,

I just joined Fedora "web" group officially approved by Warren Togami. (Thank you again
Warren.)

Here is my first question as a member.
Who's going to decide which CMS will be installed on fedoraproject.org?

I understand Seth Vidal prefers Python based CMS and I'm sure everyone has their own
favorite CMS. Recently I've been testing Drupal CMS (http://drupal.org) on my own server
(http://fedoranews.org/cms) and I must admit I'm very impressed with its features and
capabilities.

Please let me know if I misunderstood the plan. Otherwise, I hope there is some sort of
voting process for us.

Regards,
--
Thomas Chung