Websites running on Drupal

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sat Nov 12 20:59:02 UTC 2005

Thomas Chung wrote:
> I just learned that http://spreadfirefox.com is running on Drupal as well as:
>
> http://gnomedesktop.org/
> http://kerneltrap.org/
>
> I also found videos (ogg in torrent) from Drupal conference:
>
> http://drupal.org/drupalcon-2005-media
>
> --
> Thomas Chung
> FedoraNEWS.ORG (http://fedoranews.org)
> "..where you can free your knowledge for your free community!"

So, would that be the same spreadfirefox.com that has been compromised
three time in the last few months?  The same one that required users to
keep changing their might-have-been-compromised information?  Kind of
leaves me curious...

Do we have any information on Drupal's security track record?  PHP has
had its fair share of problems.

I'm not meaning to bash on Drupal or PHP, but these are important
concerns.  I'm not going to pretend that Python and the Python software
currently in use are perfect, but security was one of the considerations
in their selection.  It would be helpful to know how spreadfirefox.com
was compromised.  If their failures were problems with Drupal or PHP, or
if they were problems elsewhere would be nice to know.  Assuming we'll
not learn that, we need to at least thoroughly investigate the security
records of any software we consider.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com