Fedora International community websites

Yoshihiro Totaka fedoradesktop at yahoo.co.jp
Sun Nov 13 02:53:15 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> The dragon arises again. I pointed earlier that there has been a growing
> number of Fedora related international websites which are completely
> disconnected from the each other and the formal websites.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2005-September/msg00203.html
>

> Can someone speaking these languages contact the respective  website
> administrators and ask them to sign up in this list and introduce
> themselves to get them all in the same page. We need to coordinate
> better on this.  What are the major issues to deal with?
>
> regards
> Rahul

Hi,

I mailed http://fedora.jp administrators. I am also maintaining
translation of fedoranews.org, which I am planning to abolish when
news.fedoraproject.org is ready, and fedorafaq.org.

If we are making local language web site, we can't just translate web
site. It utterly fails, because documents needed to translate is huge
and needs ongoing translation. If original article links to other
English site for reference, then translated article doesn't really make
sense unless we translate those linked sites as well. So if we are
making local web site, you probably need to empower administrators of
each language site to build a site which makes sense.

-Yoshihiro