Websites running on Drupal

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Nov 15 02:16:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 05:08 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 16:16 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > http://blog.sethdot.org/index.cgi/263.html
>
> As one of the people who has been the 'person' in this conversation,
> please allow me to publicly back your position.  You are perfectly
> correct.
>
> But ...
>
> We have been laboring for months without needed functionality on
> fedoraproject.org
>
> _If_ there is an end in site, then great.  But I want to know that our
> RFEs are not going to sink into a blackhole.
>
> Obviously, you have been a one-person show, which explains much of this.
>
> So, I'm going to pledge my efforts to find you more resources, probably
> from within Red Hat.  They can work in Python, put up a Python-based
> CMS, add functionality to Moin Moin, and support whatever packages into
> FE that we need.

> If I can do that, can you, Seth, as the fp.o Chief SA, and to everyone
> else on this list, make this pledge:  to make these additional functions
> a high priority?  Provide status updates on when they can be completed?
> Give us some chances to work with beta versions?  Etc.

Yes. And as we did with the buildsystem systems those people who are
willing to be security-minded and consistent with their application of
that should and will have access to all aspects of the system.

> Here is a quick list:
>
> * Two-way editing of XML in CVS using the Wiki.
> * CMS back-end to allow us to have:
>   - More writers and editors of content using a workflow that forces
> approval before content can be posted.
>   - More Web-based functionality to attract contributors, without
> compromising on the extreme value of having all in XML
> * The ability to do more automagic with aggregation and building of
> content on the fly (RSS feeding into XML templates, or whatever)

I was contacted by the lead of the django project (djangoproject.com) as
a result of my rant in my blog. He's a fedora user and he says he's
interested in helping out. Django is one of the python web toolkits that
is rapidly advancing up the stack of things. I responded to him to join
this list and let's start figuring out what to implement.

-sv