time to retire f.r.c?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Nov 16 13:21:54 UTC 2005

> Yes, having raw HTML abilities would probably give us most of what we
> need to make a nicer FrontPage.  My other concern has been some of the
> issues created by the layout when the viewport is resized.  Along with
> raw HTML, some edits to the CSS might be needed to solve those.  If that
> is the case, I can work with Hrishi to resolve those as we find them.
> It might take a little bit of work, but I'm sure we can get the wiki to
> do the kind of FrontPage we're looking for.

Then why all the discussion? Get the page designed and written in html
that you like and just ask for the html parser module.

> As we start wanting to add more dynamic capabilities to the front page,
> we will either have to start producing modules for MoinMoin or we'll
> have to use an alternative technology.  Since MoinMoin has most of
> fedoraproject.org's content, it makes sense to try first to make it do
> what we need, and only fall back to other options where required.  I
> don't think it is a good idea to apply too many patches to MoinMoin for
> manageability reasons, but producing modules that can be dropped in
> makes sense.  See the bottom of
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpOnMacros for more on adding plugins to
> MoinMoin.

What are these other features that will be needed? And what dynamic
capabilities do you want to add to the front page?

Maybe I've missed something but has all this been discussed somewhere
else?

-sv